Orally: adults – preventively 1 to 3 tablets a day in divided doses, children up to 15 years of age – preventively 1 tablet a day. Therapeutically – apply according to doctor’s indications.
Do not administer high doses (over 1 g a day) in case of nephrolithiasis, uratic or oxalatic. Do not administer in case of hypersensitivity to ascorbic acid.
Observe special care while applying Vitaminum C – Herbapol Wrocław, because:
- vitamin C intensifies effects of oral anti-coagulants, derivatives of warfarin and sulfonamides;
- increases elimination speed of amphetamine derivatives and tricyclic anti-depressive drugs;
- in higher doses it may distort results of some test conducted with oxidation-reduction methods (blood and urine glucose and creatinine, among others);
- increases iron absorption;
- increases plasma concentration of ethynyl estradiol;
- high doses of acetysalicylic acid reduce vitamin C plasma concentration.
Application of the drug during pregnancy and breast feeding
The drug can be applied during pregnancy and breast feeding.
Driving of vehicles and operation of moving mechanisms
The drug is considered as safe and does not impair psychophysical aptitude and the ability to drive vehicles and operate moving mechanisms.
Use of other drugs
It is necessary to inform a physician about all the recently taken drugs, even those sold without prescription.
In some individuals it may cause alimentary (heartburn, diarrhea) or urinary tract disorders (as a result of formation of uroliths, cystine or oxalatic), while administer in high doses, exceeding 1 g a day. It may cause erythrocyte hemolysis in the individuals with deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
Store the drug at the temperature not exceeding 25°C.
Store the drug out of sight and reach of children.
Do not use the drug after expiry date stated on the package.
1 dragée tablet contains:
Acidum ascorbicum (ascorbic acid) – 200 mg
monohydrous lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, mannitol, potato starch, powidon K 30, magnesium stearate, saccharose, Arabic gum, talc, colloidal silica, quinoline yellow (E 104)
Packaging: 30 or 60 dragée tablets.